Healthwatch Bromley is your local health and social care champion. From Beckenham to Biggin Hill and everywhere in between, we make sure National Health Services (NHS) leaders and other decision makers hear your voice and use your feedback to improve care. Please take five minutes to share your story with us.
Thank you to those patients who have kindly volunteered their services to sit on our Patient Participation Group (PPG). Click here for the latest PPG Newsletter
The current committee comprises:
- Linda Rusk (Lead Co-ordinator) – [email protected]
- Sally Gower
- Sona Jakeman
- Brian Cooke
Patient involvement is now a high priority in the NHS. NHS England is committed to working and engaging with patients, carers and the public in a wide range of ways. Ensuring that people’s views are heard at all levels and across all parts of the healthcare system is essential for creating and delivering better health and care services.
What is the purpose of the PPG?
Patient participation is about patients and practices working together. It aims to bring about positive change to the benefit of all patients and practice staff.
What does the PPG do?
Each PPG is unique, evolving to meet local needs. It is made up of patients, doctors and other practice staff who communicate at regular intervals to consider ways of making a positive contribution to the services and facilities offered by the practice to its’ patients. We offer our opinion, advice and assistance on how the practice can provide the best possible service to patients. We work both collectively and individually. We work together in partnership with the practice to ascertain the views of patients and represent those views, obtaining patient feedback, and help improve services provided by the practice. Our aims are to:
– Contribute to the continuous improvement of services
– Foster improved communication between the practice and its’ patients
– Provide information updates to patients through newsletters
– Carry out research into the views of those who use the practice
– Listen and act upon patient views (where possible)
– Help patients to take greater responsibility for their own and their family’s health
-Provide practical support and help to implement change
Since the formation of the group back in the summer of 2015, the PPG has contributed towards improvements in the surgery including:
– The surgery’s new website back in 2016
– Conducting a “Patients Survey” which brought about increased appointment availability to book online
– Quarterly Newsletter
– Information leaflets on the voluntary services available in the area, displayed in the reception area
– Baby Changing Facilities
The PPG is not a:
– Practice Management Committee; we do not interfere with the Practice’s management decisions or its day-to-day running
– Forum for complaints
– Vehicle for individuals to voice personal interests, resolve personal issues or to get additional personal medical service
– Doctor’s fan club
Membership of the PPG:
It is important that the membership of the PPG is representative of the practice population. The Green Street Green Medical Centre has a diverse patient population with patients of different ages and a wide variety of different needs. To be truly representative, we would welcome more volunteers, particularly from under-represented
Virtual Patient Participation Group (VPPG)
We realise that many patients are unable to attend the meetings due to pressure from studies, work or family commitments but may want to have a say in what we do.
If that includes you why not join our “virtual” community?
Contact the Patient Group
Contact the Patient Participation Group to join, or with any suggestions, comments and feedback for the forum meetings by completing the below form